Common Questions

Where do I find the Sylvan Lake Career School?

  • We are located in the Lakeview Square Mall at the intersection of Sylvan Drive and 50 Street.  
    We are just up the hill a block from H.J. Cody High School in the same building as the Mac's Convenience Store.

When can I register?

  • Students are welcome to register at any time during the school year. Of course if a student waits too long they may find they don't have enough time to complete the courses they need.

What do I need to bring to register?

  • All students need to bring their birth certificate.  As well, if you are registering after the beginning of September and you attended another school up to the registration date, you should bring any report cards, course marks or unit marks you may already have completed.

How much does it cost to register at the Sylvan Lake Career School?

  • Starting with the 2017-18 school year we will no longer charge basic schoolfees for students 19 or under on September 1 of the current school year. There are fees in place for certain specific courses and activities, please see this document for details.

Is the Career School open in the summer?

  • No.  We are not open in the summer.  However, Chinook's Edge School Division #73 does operate a Summer School in Sylvan Lake.  Summer School runs for 4 weeks in July.  Call the Career High for more information, or check our website under the STUDENT/PARENT tab -> Summer School Information.

Can adults register at the Sylvan Lake Career School?

  • Adult students are students who are 20 years or over on September 1 of the school year.  As such, their education is no longer funded by Alberta Learning. Those adults wishing to take courses at the Career High School must cover the cost of their education.  The current adult rate through the Sylvan Lake Career High School is $120 per credit. In addition to the course fee, there is a yearly registration fee of $100.00.  The adult fees are non-refundable. There is a program available through Alberta Works, that may assist with funding. Please contact them directly to see if your situation fits their criterea.